- Just finished revising Chapter 2 on my work-in-progress, “The Goblin Queen.” Onward and upward!
- Am going to be reading the great-great-great-grandfather of all Gothic fiction, “The Castle of Otranto,” by Horace Walpole. I’m looking forward to the education. 🙂
- On a side note, I find it absolutely fascinating that such a large portion of the “great” novels from the 1700s and 1800s would be considered “novellas” today. Where did all the bloat come from???
- Have I ever mentioned that Gaelic Storm completely ROCKS?
- Ballistics is yet another fascinating subject.
I am still recuperating from my conference trip last week. Being around all. those. people… it’s extremely tiring. As I continue through my work-week at my day job, I find myself growing increasingly irritable with people. Through no fault of their own, certainly, but I’m just “peopled-out,” as my husband says. I would love a weekend where I don’t see anyone. Unfortunately, with turkey season opening, and this probably being one of the last weekends for skiing, the road by my house will likely be overrun with urbanites. [Insert sarcastic comment about living in the “peaceful” country here]
On a lighter note, royalty statements have arrived or are in the works, and I just want to say Thank You to everyone who has purchased my stuff over the last year. I wouldn’t be here without you. You’re the best. 🙂